Your Commission: Prices/ General Info.
Transform Your Cherished Photos Into Treasured Art!
(Prices are meant to be ballpark figures only, within diverse size and composition ranges. Prices may vary at the discretion of the artist, relative to individual requests and degrees of difficulty)
Single Head Shot; traditionally includes head, neck and shoulders with Plain Background (see: "Annie", "Jenna") 12" x 16"....... $500.00 - $600.00
Single Head and Upper Body With Detailed Realistic or Fantasy Features (see: "Child's Play") 16" x 20"....... $700.00 - $1,000.00
Single Full Body, Plain or Simple Background; (see: "Captured By The Dream") 18"x 24" ........ $900.00 - $1200.00
Single Full Body With Detailed Realistic Traditional or Fantasy Features (see: "Stepping Out", "Do Not Disturb" "Natalie: Shelter From The Storm", " Heather At Newport") 18"x 24" ....... $1200.00 - $1800.00
Larger Paintings, over 18" x 24" (see: , "On The Rocks", "SpellCasters", "The Nutcracker") can run much higher in price.
Please speak with Kathleen as to request/price determination.
For each additional person, please add $200.00 to the above prices.
The Steps Involved During the Creation Of Your Painting
1.) If having a portrait painted interests you, please talk to me! Together we can work out your expectations and the respective price for your piece.
2.) I will request that the photo to be used in the painting has a digital resolution of at least 200 pixels per inch. It can be sent to me via email. Images must be clear at an 8" by 10" size. If this is not an option for you, you will need to mail to me excellent copies of your photos or a copy of the original, high quality photos on a disk/ flash drive. Any original photos will be scanned upon receipt and immediately returned to you. In addition to the basic photo, any extra images you can send of the person/people, any desired props, backgrounds, etc. will help me personally tailor the painting to your liking. It is not unusual for me to spend additional time researching visual references, which may also aid in the painting.
3) I will request an initial fee of no less than half price of the total painting, $150.00 of which is absolutely non- refundable, under any circumstances. Once the initial fee is paid, and I possess the photos to be used, I will begin a rough sketch for your approval. Sketches will be made based upon previous conversations and using the photos which you have supplied. Because the sketch will be created upon the customer's expressed specifications and agreements, only minimal changes will be allowed at this point or additional, non-refundable fees may be incurred. Additional fees will be added to the total cost of the painting. If, at anytime after I have started working on your project, you decide to withdraw from the project, the $150.00 non refundable fee as well as any other additional fees charged will be added together and the sum of the resulting total will be subtracted from the total payment made thus far. The remaining value will then be returned to the customer.
4.) Upon your approval of the sample, the hand painting of your original portrait begins in earnest! Please note: Paintings will be done in the order of initial deposits received. At this point in time, the full sum total of the initial deposit will be no longer refundable.
5) When I've completed the painting to my satisfaction, I will send you a digital image, for your approval. At this point, as before, only very minimal changes will be allowed without the incurring of additional fees.
6) Upon your final approval, you may send the remaining balance, plus shipping and handling charges.
7) Once the final payment is received, your painting will be shipped!
8) You will now be the proud owner of an original "Kathi Dugan" painting, beautifully portraying the subject of your choice! Enjoy!
ABOUT YOUR PAINTING:
Please note: All art is copyrighted. Although you will own the original painting and you may do with the original as you like, the image of the painting belongs to the artist, by copyright law. Permission must be received in order to reproduce the image, in any fashion. If you would like copies of the painting, for any purpose, please speak to me! The artist retains the right to use the image as she sees fit.
I am happy to accept commissions. The creation of a custom human or pet portrait, landscape or illustration is an exciting and very personal event.
I work from photos. The beauty of having a portrait painted from a photo is two fold: 1. No travel is necessary, other than over the intranet or through mail. 2. You have the wonderful option of creating a totally unique, never to be forgotten, surprise gift for some special recipient!
A few things to keep in mind:
*Although some elements of the painting may be altered, such as: clothing, slight shifts in body position, hair styling, colors and backgrounds, there can be absolutely no guess work with the face. Frontal views cannot become side views or visa versa; expressions cannot be changed. Faces will be painted exactly as the photo, although wrinkles may be softened and blemishes can disappear! If sending more than one photo, to aid in the perfection of the portrait, please select one photo per individual, to be used in the final portrait.
*Please select the photo with the expression and body position which will best convey the personality or story desired in the final work. Multiple shots are more than welcome for more detailed reference purposes, only.
Please send photos of highest quality, whenever possible. The quality of the photos supplied to me is of primary importance. Photos should allow me close ups with clear details of face and clothing. They should be of high resolution. They must be in focus and have contrast, with areas of shadow and light. Small blurry or out of focus images will greatly limit the quality of detail rendered in the final painting.
*Photos may be emailed or sent regular mail. Original photos will be handled with utmost care; scanned and returned a.s.a.p. to the owner.
*During the initial process of creating the painting, client feedback is greatly appreciated. The client will have a chance to approve a general sketch before the painting commences. After the painting has begun, alterations to any agreements established could result in additional fees.
*PLEASE NOTE: If a professional photographer has taken the image you would like reproduced as a portrait, permission needs to be received from that photographer to use that photo, if this is at all possible! Thanks!
*Paintings are done in acrylics and can be completed on canvas or gesso board. Custom requests, such as gallery wrapped canvas or hardwood, could be reflected in a slightly higher price.
*Shipping and handling are not included in the price of the portrait. I will ship out of the U.S. at a price to be determined. Additional Shipping and handling prices will be added to the final payment.
*Framing and matting are best handled by local professionals, whom are trained to help in that matter. Framing and matting are not included in the price.
*I am able to accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express charge cards as well as PayPal. No checks allowed.
I look forward to working with you!